If you have crooked teeth that need mild to moderate corrections, you may be able to use Invisalign to achieve a healthy, straight smile. Invisalign is a system that uses clear aligners to shift the position of your teeth over time. This can be a more discreet, comfortable alternative to traditional braces that requires fewer dental visits and gives patients more freedom and flexibility. At Journal Square Dental, we understand the importance of an aligned smile, so we provide top-notch Invisalign services to our patients.
With over 25 years of experience and a passionate team that works hard to prioritize your health and safety, you can feel comfortable and stress-free throughout your Invisalign journey. In our warm, welcoming facilities, we utilize state-of-the-art technology and the latest techniques so that you can rest assured you are receiving the best care possible. Our dedicated team communicates with you every step of the way so you can get your smile and confidence back.
How Does Invisalign Straighten Your Teeth?
Because Invisalign is a newer technology for straightening teeth, you may not know how it actually works. This orthodontic treatment uses custom-made, computer-generated clear aligners that mold to your teeth and shift them into new positions over several months. This is a less painful experience for many patients than traditional braces, which pull the teeth into place using metal wires. You will receive several sets of Invisalign trays, all of which are constructed for a new phase of tooth movement. Every one to two weeks, you will move on to a new set of aligners that bring you closer to perfectly aligned teeth.
The Invisalign clear aligners are removable, so you can eat and drink whatever you like. However, for your treatment to be completed on time, aligners must be worn 20 to 22 hours each day. When staying on this schedule, Invisalign can align your teeth in six to 24 months, depending on the corrections you need, while traditional braces take an average of two years to complete. Our knowledgeable team works closely with you to determine if Invisalign is right for you and guides you through every step of the process.
What is the Invisalign Process Like?
At Journal Square Dental, we work closely with you to develop your personalized Invisalign plan tailored to your smile and the corrections needed. While every patient plan is different, the general process for Invisalign involves the following steps:
- X-rays and photos: After deciding to move forward with Invisalign, we take X-rays of your mouth and photographs of your mouth, teeth, and face from different angles. This gives us a more detailed starting point for your Invisalign.
- Impressions: Then, we take impressions of your teeth. These impressions will be sent to a lab where your aligners will be made.
- Preparation: Before wearing your Invisalign, you may need small patches of composite resin on some of your teeth. These help the aligners grip your teeth and move them. We may also have some of your teeth sanded down so your teeth fit better together as they shift.
- Fitting: When your aligners arrive, you try on your first set of trays to ensure they fit correctly. Then, you can start wearing them as advised.
- Changing trays: After your teeth move to the required position of the first set of aligners, you can move on to the next set and continue changing your trays based on your recommended schedule.
When starting Invisalign and as you change trays, you may feel some soreness and discomfort as your teeth reposition. This should ease up after the first few days of each tray change. Furthermore, you do not need to see us for every tray change. We schedule regular check-ups throughout the process to ensure everything is going smoothly.
Start Your Invisalign Journey With the Professional Team at Journal Square Dental in Jersey City, NJ Today
Having misaligned teeth often means more than just a crooked smile and reduced self-confidence. It can make your teeth more difficult to clean, leaving bacteria behind that could damage them. Fortunately, with treatments like Invisalign, getting straight teeth is easier than ever. Invisalign’s clear trays mold to your teeth and can be removed for eating and drinking, giving you the freedom and comfort traditional braces lack.
At Journal Square Dental, we offer our Jersey City, NJ patients exceptional Invisalign services and guide them through every step of the process. To learn more about Invisalign, call us at (201) 431-0288 or fill out our contact form.